Sunday, October 6, 2013

TESTIFIY AND BEAR YOUR SHARE

So do not be ashamed of your testimony to our Lord, nor of me, a prisoner for his sake; but bear your share of hardship for the gospel with the strength that comes from God. -- 2 Timothy 1:18

I was assigned to proclaim the Word of the Lord taken from the second letter of St. Paul to Timothy and the above reading forms part of my proclamation. I have been in the Ministry of the Word for quite sometime now but I still shake and tremble each time I proclaim God's Word. There is always a need for me to pray and claim the strength that comes from God. This is the hardship that I bear for the gospel and only by God's grace can I effectively testify.

Lord, I claim the strength that comes from you alone. By your strength, may I be able to boldly proclaim your word so that you may touch the lives of those who will listen. May your word serve as our guiding light to the truth of your will and purpose for our lives. In Jesus Name I humbly pray. Amen.